Who We Are.
Love Jesus. Love Like Jesus.
We are an Independent Christian Church. We are followers of Jesus, impacting lives by unleashing a revolution of God’s love on the 918 and beyond. First Church has a long history of devotion to God and Jesus Christ, with an emphasis on biblical teaching for all ages. The church is active in community outreach in the 918 area code as well as other parts of our country and the world. From our humble beginnings over a hundred years ago in a schoolhouse, God has blessed our efforts to reach people with the message of Jesus Christ. We can’t wait to see what Christ does in the next 100 years through First Church. To be His Church is to be part of a family and part of a greater story—
First Church is designed around the truth of the Bible. The Bible stands as the supreme source of truth for daily living. God has spoken through the Bible, and it reveals Jesus as the way, the truth and the life. We present the Bible as living, active, and able to transform lives.
WE TEACH & LIVE THE BIBLE
- The Bible is the unchanging inspired Word of God.
- The Bible is our source of inspiration and instruction for living the Christian life.
- We will build ministries of people who serve.
- We will equip and empower others to serve and lead in their homes, church and the world.
- We “seek first His Kingdom.” (Matthew 6:33)
- We reach out to our community and the world with the good news of Christ.
- We will extend grace to others because we have received grace from God.
- We emphasize relationships, not rules.
- We will meet the needs of both our church family and the community as God leads.
- We are a family who cares for and loves one another.
What We Believe
Jesus Christ is the only Son of God, who died for our sins and arose from the dead.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- John 14:6
- 2 Timothy 3:16
- 2 Peter 1:20-21
- Romans 3:23
- Isaiah 53:6
- John 3:16
- Romans 10:9
- Romans 6:1-7
- Acts 2:38
- Acts 3:19
- Matthew 5:14-16
- Matthew 28:18-20
- Luke 19:10
- Ephesians 1:23
- Ephesians 3:10-11
- Romans 10:14-16
- 2 Corinthians 4:5-6
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18